Skip to main content

Kilotchkies

We are from central Indiana. In the Indianapolis area there is a restaurant that serves these yeast dough stuffed rolls called Kilotchies. They are delicious, but usually they cost $1.50+ for one roll, so they can get expensive.

I set out to figure it out...well it's super easy and super yummy! They are simple to make and easily can be changed depending on your preferences.

Since I came up with a knock off recipe my version is called a "Kilotchkie" with an extra "k" in there for Kara. I made these for dinner last night and the Hubby said they were great.

Kilotchkies
Ingredients
12 Frozen yeast rolls
Ham (2 pieces)
Turkey (2-4 pieces)
Cheese (4 slices)
Bacon (3 slices)

You will need to set out your yeast rolls to rise ahead of time. Once they have risen you need to preheat the oven to 400 degrees.


Pre-cut and arrange all your filling choices. I cut all my ingredients ahead of time to make assembly easy on myself. 


Take a roll and stretch it out and place it in your palm or the work surface. Layer in your ingredients and then fold the roll back up into a ball. It may not look like you are putting much filling in each roll, but you don't want to over fill it or you wont get a good seal on the roll. You want to make sure that you pinch the edges together. We do not want the cheese melting out!




Place back on your baking sheet. 




Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes until they are golden brown. Let them rest for a few minutes in order to avoid burning your mouth!



While I was making these for dinner I also made a batch of homemade chips! These couldn't be any easier. I slice a large potato using my mandolin. 




I then fry them in vegetable oil until they are golden brown. Put them on a paper towel to get off excess oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. They are simple and delicious!



The best thing about the kilotchkies are that they can be changed up easily to fit people's preferences. I usually make club ones, but I have made pizza ones with pepperoni, just ham and cheese, etc. The possibilities are endless. What you want to avoid is really wet fillings, but be creative!

Until next time,

Kara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways to Save Money on Groceries

The Hubby and I have been together 8 years this month. We have been together since we were freshman in college.  The unique and fun thing about our relationship is that we have kind of grown up as adults together.  When we were in college we both were living year to year on what we earned from working in the summer months. That means we never could be extravagant with what we purchased for groceries. We learned pretty early how to budget our money to stretch it as far as we could.  Now that we both have worked full time for 5 years, times have changed, but I still love to save money. There is no better feeling than getting a great deal! Here are a few ways to save at the grocery store: Digital Coupons : These are so easy and help save big. I mainly grocery shop at Kroger. It is super easy to register your Shoppers Card to instantly download digital coupons to it. This is what I primarily do to save our family money. I try to combine the digital coupons with Kroger sale

Spring Break in Las Vegas

Once again we traveled to our favorite place.... LAS VEGAS! We had four days packed with fun. The weather was great while we were there. In Indiana, however, it was terrible, so a good week to miss! By now everyone should know we are planners and love to get good deals. Well Las Vegas is a town of deals if you look close enough. Before we went we were able to snag some items from our MyVegas game on Facebook. We had two FREE night helicopter tours over the strip, a complimentary picture with the helicopter, two FREE show tickets to KA at MGM, two FREE show tickets to The Beatles LOVE at the Mirage, and two 2-for-1 Buffet tickets to the Mirage buffet. All those items together were valued at over $600. We paid $0 for them. I also got some items off Groupon for super cheap! So before we even left we had planned out what nights we were doing what and so on.  We arrived in Las Vegas on April 1st and headed directly to our hotel. This was our first time at Harrah's. We loved our locat

Being a Mom is Hard Enough...Being a Perfect Mom is Impossible

I'll be the first to say it, being a mom is hard. I LOVE MY DAUGHTER, she is one of my two bright spots in my day (my hubby being the other). I never realized until she came along how hard tackling being a wife, mom, career, house, and life would be. I am a hard-worker and Type A personality. I like to do things well and on the first time, but there isn't enough time in the day to do it all. The expectations that have been set by society or other mom's isn't what I have to be and I need to remember that. I read an article by Simple As That , it was talking about how we need to stop letting perfectionism ruin motherhood. It really hit home. My Hubby and daughter don't care if I'm not dressed in fancy clothes with my hair in place or cook a 5 star meal for dinner, they will remember if I was present and engaged with them in whatever we are doing.  I've felt like I have blinked my eyes and my daughter's 2nd birthday is approaching. Time goes by so quick