Skip to main content

We are TV and Movie folk!

Joe and I are officially what you consider TV and movie folk.

I don't know how many times we will be with family and friends and they make the comment, "Hey do you want to watch _______?"

We usually have to respond, well we can, but we already saw that one!

So because I think we have pretty good taste in TV shows, I decided to make a list of our favorite of all time TV shows! I know there are plenty more we should watch, but give us time people, give us time!

Here is our list:

1. Breaking Bad-

Breaking Bad is the absolute best show we have ever watched! I mean that is a big statement to make, but 100% true.

To think that Joe didn't want to keep watching after episode 1 because it was "too intense"...whew that would have been a HUGE mistake.

If you haven't see it I would definitely recommend getting Netflix and watching the entire series (it's officially all online now).

Disclaimer: This show is addicting and we have been known to binge watch 6+ episodes, so beware if you had any other plans.

Breaking Bad

 2. House of Cards-

This is a Netflix original show, so we decided to give it a try. I am so glad we did. It is a great show, with good acting and a great plot.

I really hope this isn't a true portrayal of politics, because it is a messed up world!

Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright do an excellent job acting in this series.

We heard it was picked up for a 3rd season. We can't wait, it'll be awhile, but we already binge watched Season 2 in a week!


House of Cards


 3. Boardwalk Empire-

We had a point last year where I got angry at our Internet provider and cancelled our service. 

We found ourselves without Internet. Joe and I started going to our local library to use the computer here and there. We found ourselves in the DVD area of the library and decided to find some shows to watch. Here is where we found Boardwalk Empire.

We were skeptical in regards to how we would like this show, but we were pleasantly surprised on how much we enjoyed this gangster prohibition era show!

Since we don't get HBO we have to wait for the new seasons to be released on DVD to catch up!

Boardwalk Empire


4. The Office (US)-

This show is one of our all-time favorites.

We had a tradition in college have dinner with friends and to watch the NBC Thursday night line up.

Anytime I had a night class on Thursday's I raced back to our apartment to catch The Office, because it was the days before DVR.

The earliest episodes are our favorites. Steve Carell made the show. We still will randomly select an episode to watch when we are eating dinner in the living room.

It is the type of show where we can watch the same episode we have see 20 times and still laugh. I was sad to see it end.


The Office (US)
5. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia-

This is another show that was on our Thursday line up in college.

This show is totally ridiculous, but don't we all need that show that is funny and silly, but we still love it?

I think so.

That is what this show is for us. But intertwined with the humor are really hot button topics that the show touches on and makes you think.

I think it is a really well written, funny show!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
6. Modern Family-

This is a new find for me.

I had always heard stuff about Modern Family beating out The Office for awards, but had never seen the show to see what the fuss was about... Well the fuss was that this show is hilarius!

USA shows Modern Family in mini marathons (which I completely have a love/hate relationship with.  I love that I can watch several in a row, but I also hate that I watch several in a row, because I don't get stuff done!)

This show is a real Modern Family and the characters are perfect. I would recommend this to anyone!
Modern Family
I would say these are the shows that Joe and I would both agree are our favorites.

Joe tends to disagree with some of my TV show choices, but we all have those guilty shows we hate to admit we enjoy.

But here is a quick list of my guilty pleasures:

1. Glee
2. New Girl
3. The Mindy Project
4. Teen Mom (don't judge me please!)

Until next time, watch a new TV show!

Kara



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways to Save Money on Groceries

The Hubby and I have been together 8 years this month. We have been together since we were freshman in college.  The unique and fun thing about our relationship is that we have kind of grown up as adults together.  When we were in college we both were living year to year on what we earned from working in the summer months. That means we never could be extravagant with what we purchased for groceries. We learned pretty early how to budget our money to stretch it as far as we could.  Now that we both have worked full time for 5 years, times have changed, but I still love to save money. There is no better feeling than getting a great deal! Here are a few ways to save at the grocery store: Digital Coupons : These are so easy and help save big. I mainly grocery shop at Kroger. It is super easy to register your Shoppers Card to instantly download digital coupons to it. This is what I primarily do to save our family money. I try to combine the digital coupons with Kroger sale

Spring Break in Las Vegas

Once again we traveled to our favorite place.... LAS VEGAS! We had four days packed with fun. The weather was great while we were there. In Indiana, however, it was terrible, so a good week to miss! By now everyone should know we are planners and love to get good deals. Well Las Vegas is a town of deals if you look close enough. Before we went we were able to snag some items from our MyVegas game on Facebook. We had two FREE night helicopter tours over the strip, a complimentary picture with the helicopter, two FREE show tickets to KA at MGM, two FREE show tickets to The Beatles LOVE at the Mirage, and two 2-for-1 Buffet tickets to the Mirage buffet. All those items together were valued at over $600. We paid $0 for them. I also got some items off Groupon for super cheap! So before we even left we had planned out what nights we were doing what and so on.  We arrived in Las Vegas on April 1st and headed directly to our hotel. This was our first time at Harrah's. We loved our locat

Book & Movie Review- Molly's Game

Joe and I recently read the book Molly's Game. We decided we would read the book while we waited for the movie to come out on DVD. photo credit link It is hard to believe it was a true story and just not made up. I am not one who likes biographies or reading to "learn." I like a good dramatic up and down story and this fits into that category. It's an action packed book about poker, greed, and knowing who to trust.  Molly Bloom- photo credit link The book details Molly Bloom's rise to run a secret celebrity rich poker game in back rooms and fancy hotels. The book drops some big names that many will recognize from many movies we watch on the big screen. IMDb's description of the movie is, "The true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic-class skier, who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game and became an FBI target." photo credit link I would highly recommend reading the book first, because the movie does not use names