Skip to main content

Kilotchkies

We are from central Indiana. In the Indianapolis area there is a restaurant that serves these yeast dough stuffed rolls called Kilotchies. They are delicious, but usually they cost $1.50+ for one roll, so they can get expensive.

I set out to figure it out...well it's super easy and super yummy! They are simple to make and easily can be changed depending on your preferences.

Since I came up with a knock off recipe my version is called a "Kilotchkie" with an extra "k" in there for Kara. I made these for dinner last night and the Hubby said they were great.

Kilotchkies
Ingredients
12 Frozen yeast rolls
Ham (2 pieces)
Turkey (2-4 pieces)
Cheese (4 slices)
Bacon (3 slices)

You will need to set out your yeast rolls to rise ahead of time. Once they have risen you need to preheat the oven to 400 degrees.


Pre-cut and arrange all your filling choices. I cut all my ingredients ahead of time to make assembly easy on myself. 


Take a roll and stretch it out and place it in your palm or the work surface. Layer in your ingredients and then fold the roll back up into a ball. It may not look like you are putting much filling in each roll, but you don't want to over fill it or you wont get a good seal on the roll. You want to make sure that you pinch the edges together. We do not want the cheese melting out!




Place back on your baking sheet. 




Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes until they are golden brown. Let them rest for a few minutes in order to avoid burning your mouth!



While I was making these for dinner I also made a batch of homemade chips! These couldn't be any easier. I slice a large potato using my mandolin. 




I then fry them in vegetable oil until they are golden brown. Put them on a paper towel to get off excess oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. They are simple and delicious!



The best thing about the kilotchkies are that they can be changed up easily to fit people's preferences. I usually make club ones, but I have made pizza ones with pepperoni, just ham and cheese, etc. The possibilities are endless. What you want to avoid is really wet fillings, but be creative!

Until next time,

Kara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book & Movie Review- Molly's Game

Joe and I recently read the book Molly's Game. We decided we would read the book while we waited for the movie to come out on DVD. photo credit link It is hard to believe it was a true story and just not made up. I am not one who likes biographies or reading to "learn." I like a good dramatic up and down story and this fits into that category. It's an action packed book about poker, greed, and knowing who to trust.  Molly Bloom- photo credit link The book details Molly Bloom's rise to run a secret celebrity rich poker game in back rooms and fancy hotels. The book drops some big names that many will recognize from many movies we watch on the big screen. IMDb's description of the movie is, "The true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic-class skier, who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game and became an FBI target." photo credit link I would highly recommend reading the book first, because the movie does not use names ...

Book Recommendations for October

Here are some recent books that I enjoyed. Mythos Academy Series- by Jennifer Estep I really enjoyed reading this young adult series. It incorporates action, adventure, romance, mythology, and mystery all into one high school! It's an easy read that keeps you wanting to know more.  picture source PLUS, it helped me answer a recent mythology Jeopardy question...Can we say invaluable information?!? First Frost is the first book in the series. Here is the description: I am Gwen Frost, and I have a Gypsy gift. It's called psychometry – that's a fancy way of saying that I see images in my head and get flashes of other people's memories off almost everything I touch, even guys. My gift makes me kind of nosy. Okay, okay, maybe a lot nosy—to the point of obsession sometimes. I want to know everything about everyone around me. But even I don't want to know the secrets my friend Paige is hiding or the terrible loss that will send me to a new school – Mythos Ac...

Book Recommendations for December!

I know, I know....it's been too long! But I am back with some book recommendations for that book lover in your life (just in time for Christmas)! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read. I just think it's so important to start kids at a small age of loving to read. I have a tub of all my childhood books. Many of them are from my great-grandma. She would get me a new book for my birthday, Christmas or special occasion. Many kids today are always on their phone and need a quick fix for their attention spans. However, a kid that reads can spend countless hours in fantasy lands, learning a new hobby, or having an adventure! For the adult book fans, I have some new books that I really enjoyed! Fever Series- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning I started this book and was like where is this going?! But I kept reading and I ended up really enjoying the series.  source I enjoy fantasy books that just keep you guessing and this series really did that! It had mystery, adventure, he...